CARBON MONOXIDE: A DEADLY DANGER!

Here in the middle of winter, it’s worthwhile to address a potential hazard caused by fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, water heaters and stoves: carbon monoxide (CO). These items are designed to vent CO to the outside, but harmful interior levels of CO can result from incomplete combustion, improper installation, or blockages, leaks or cracks… Read more »

JANUARY IS RADON ACTION MONTH

Prolonged exposure to unsafe levels of radon increases the risk of lung cancer; in fact, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking, and can cause cancers in pets as well. Any home can have a radon problem – old or new, well-sealed or draft, with or without a basement. An estimated… Read more »

HOLIDAY & WINTER FIRE SAFETY

With the winter and the holiday season arriving, now is a good time for homeowners to take some simple precautions to help protect their family and property from fire. Here are some tips that can help prevent fire hazards in the home and can save property and more importantly the lives of the people and… Read more »

CARBON MONOXIDE: POTENTIAL HAZARD

With winter coming on to cool much of North America, it’s worthwhile to address a potential hazard that arises with increased use of fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces and water heaters: carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas produced by the combustion of fuels such as natural gas, oil, and propane in… Read more »